Get ready to fall in love with this delicious and flavourful Vegetable Biryani made with foxtail millet that is nutritious and wholesome. Serve it with raita for a perfect weekend brunch or a weekday lunch.
- 1 1/2 cups Millé Foxtail Millet
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 carrots cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 15 french beans cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- 8 pods of green cardamons
- 1 black cardamom, 10 cloves, 1/2 inch stick of cinnamon and 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds(shahi jeera)
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup water
- Soak the foxtail millet in the water for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan with ghee, add caraway seeds, cinnamon,cloves, bay leaf and black and green cardamom. Roast it in the ghee for 30 seconds.
- Add onions and saute till they become translucent. Add other veggies and continue mixing for another 2 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix till the raw smell leaves. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Add water and cover and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Drain water from the soaked millet and add it to the pan. Cover the lid and let the millets cook for 7-9 minutes.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and mint leaves for decoration.