Satisfy your sweet cravings with creamy millet kheer that is tempting and delicious. With festivals round the corner, make sure you try our Little Millet Kheer recipe and serve as a dessert after a hearty dinner.
- 1/4th cup Mille Little Millet
- 1 1/2 cups boiled milk
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 1 tsp ghee
- 5-6 cashews and pistachios
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup water
- Few saffron strands
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast the cashews till golden brown and remove. Add rinsed little millet to the remaining ghee and roast for few seconds. Take care millet doesn't change colour.
- Include a cup of water to the millet and let it cook till soft. You can simmer and close the lid for few minutes. When the millet turns soft and mushy, add milk.
- With constant stirring let the millets get cooked in milk. Milk reduces and becomes creamy and thick after few minutes. Meanwhile soak saffron strands in a teaspoon of milk for few minutes.
- Add saffron soaked milk and sugar to the pan and continue cooking till everything combines in to creamy kheer.
- Finally sprinkle cardamom powder and garnish with roasted pistachios.