Plush and moist, the classic vanilla cake that has soft crumbs and is paired beautifully with cream cheese icing and pistachios.
- 1 box Mille Vanilla Cake
- 180ml hot water
- 60ml melted butter or oil
- 2 eggs or 120ml thick/vegan yoghurt
For the icing
- 200g full fat cream cheese
- 130g unrefined sugar
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp pistachios ground to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Grease a 7 x7 inch square pan or line it with baking paper.
- In a bowl, add the wet ingredients (water, butter/oil, yoghurt/egg) and whisk. Add the dry ingredients (cake mix and raw unrefined sugar as per your choice) and mix till the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Insert a fork or toothpick into the cake once it’s cooked. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow it to cool before removing it from the pan
For the Icing
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence together until smooth.
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese mixture onto the top of the cake and sprinkle with a few pistachio nuts.