Time to take a break from your regular Aaloo patty burgers and give it a fresh twist! These millet chickpea burgers are easy to make and definitely delicious to eat.
- 4 burger buns
- 2 onions sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
For the patty
- 100 grams Millet
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and chopped
- 4 tbsp gram flour (besan)
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin (jeera)
- Salt to taste
- Cook the millet as per instructions. You can also choose to use Mille’s Little Millet grains.
- Cool the millet and transfer into another bowl. Add chickpeas, carrot, onion, garlic, pepper, coriander, cumin and salt. Mix everything together.
- Add gram flour, one tablespoon at a time and mix thoroughly. Form balls and shape it into patties.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook the patty until golden brown on both sides.
- Cut the bun horizontally into two, place lettuce and slice of onion. Place the patties, onion slice and cover with the top piece.
- Serve with tomato/chilli relish and salad on the side.